Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

"And He will give you the desires of your heart"

So... good news! Yesterday afternoon, I found out that the Dean approved the selective Q! That means that I can drop two classes and remain in the other three. Like I mentioned earlier, this is very unusual to allow. So I think this is God leading pretty clearly! I'm also not so far behind as I thought in the other three, so catching up won't be impossible or incredibly difficult. I also met with Financial Aid to see if my scholarship can be extended (again...) for the spring semester. They told me it was quite unlikely, since I've already received an extra semester of aid, but that I should submit a letter. God has both opened and closed many doors in my life over the past few years, and it will be exciting to see how He decides to work with scholarship stuff.

This week has sort of reminded me of Psalm 37:4 - "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." God has just made things incredibly smooth in so many unbelievable ways. While God doesn't always work this way in my life, it's been such a truly awesome blessing to see Him so clearly at work to give me such good things this week. I am just blown away by His love and I honestly feel like He's spoiling me just a little.

In other encouraging news, I talked on the phone with an ET nurse (who specializes in helping people with stomas) and she gave me some suggestions to try for getting the bags to stick on better and how to protect my skin. Thankfully, I haven't had to change the bag since my 'roid rage post. ;)

Unfortunately, I haven't been feeling so hot the last few days. The sharp pain came back again and I'm definitely feeling that I'm taking less steroids - makes my heart race, and I feel very dizzy and tired (the technical term for how I feel is "zonked"). Also... I just got off the phone with the Health Center... and apparently I have a pretty intense kidney infection goin' on as well. Intense as in, I have to take my temperature every four hours and if it's at all elevated, I have to go to the hospital. Rats. But, the cool thing is, God is once again paving the way for me. I felt low on energy yesterday, and I ended up not having class! And today, one of my classes was cancelled. I'm just trying to take it a little easier. I realized that on Tuesday, for instance, I walked about 4 miles - to and from campus twice and from one end of campus to the other. That's a lot, I guess, for someone who just had surgery. So I'm trying to just make one trip to campus a day.

While I feel a little crummy today, I know that the steroid feeling usually lasts for a few weeks after I stop taking them. I can expect to feel this way for the next two-three weeks, but then I'll be DONE! Yes, I have an infection, but it will get better. The pain is continuing to lessen -- although the last few days it's bothered me, it's so much less now than it was last week. And I don't have to deal with continuous pain in my stomach and joints. Hopefully, within a few weeks, I'll be better. This is so exciting, because for the past few years, there hasn't really been a light at the end of the tunnel. There was always the knowledge that whatever treatments I was on would cause a lot of side effects and wouldn't really help or would soon stop helping and I'd relapse. That every day I would wake up in pain and sick. Never knowing if I'd be able to make it through the day. Soon, yucky days are going to be the exception rather than the rule. I'm so thankful for that.

Hannah ;)

1 comment:

  1. Im not sure if you are reading these comments, hopefully you are..The sharp pain is more than likely the UTI..I dont know if they told you that but it is a common side effect..You should be on really high doses of Acidophilus..Will help balance out your healthy fora..You are amazing..Will continue to pray for you and peace for us as we embark on this same road for Julia.

    ReplyDelete