Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Back to School!

So I'm done with my second day back at school! I walked from home to school and back yesterday and today, and I'm feeling... great! Is this how normal people feel all the time? Wow. I just keep waiting to wake up and feel terrible again. I can't believe this is real. ;) I am so thankful, but still a little bit in shock. I can't believe this will last. I feel like I've spent the last few years trying to survive life one minute at a time. Now all of life seems like a blank, open book. I can imagine the future and it's not so scary. I'm not worrying about tomorrow or making any grand plans or anything -- just excited about the possibilities that life holds since I'm going to be healthy!! I continue to pray that God will just glorify Himself through me and my life!

Today I went to the doctor - I'm still fighting a UTI (got it a few days after surgery. I was treated for it, and it got better during my last hospitalization, but it came back on Friday), but otherwise I'm doing well! This doctor has been so supportive and helpful through everything, and he was really happy to see me look like I wasn't dying. Haha. ;)

Yesterday I met with all but one professor and with the dean of my college. A few of my professors (and I agree with them) think that I've missed too much class time to complete their courses. One professor wants me to take an Incomplete grade -- I will finish as much work as I can, and in the spring can attend the portions of class that I missed. Then I will take one of the tests to complete the course. And two professors think that, while it may be rough, I can catch up in their classes. When I spoke with the dean, I requested to selectively "Q" (which, I believe, is like a withdrawal) out of two classes. This is very, very rare to allow. He didn't give me a definitive yes or no, but he wants to talk to my professors, Campus Life, and then to me again, and then he will make a decision. Please pray that God will reveal his will through the dean's decision. If he says no, then I will need to either try to finish everything or drop out of everything. Neither of those seems very palatable to me, but if that's how God leads, then that's what I'll do!

This afternoon, I'm going to talk to the last professor. I've done a lot of work in her class, but it's a seminar/discussion type class, so she is one of the professors who would prefer if I could Q out of her class. I feel bad that I've missed so much. I have tremendous respect for this professor and have greatly enjoyed the class, so I'm sad that this is a class I'll probably have to drop.

Tomorrow I start my last week on steroids! I'm very excited to stop taking all these pills and stuff. I'd continue to appreciate your prayers especially after I get off steroids, because I tend to really have trouble when I come off them. I get really dizzy, shaky, have no energy, and feel just awful. I don't think this happens to everyone... I'm just special. Maybe this time will be different because I won't be sick when I'm coming off them! I sure hope so. But this is several days down the road, so I won't have to deal with it for a while. God will give me the grace and strength to make it even if I have a hard time again.

Okay, I'm gonna go eat lunch! Yummy. ;)


1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you, Hannah! I know God is orchestrating your college career in a way that is for your ultimate good. "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

    ReplyDelete