Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Post Op Visit #2 & ANOTHER Dr.

Hi, everybody!

I went to see Dr. A today. I've been feeling kind of awful. My J pouch has been driving me nuts with spasms. It is such a weird feeling and wow, what a weird, embarrassing problem. Dr. A doesn't really have any good ideas about why I'm having the J pouch problems, since it's not even "functioning" yet. My CT showed a 4 cm mass, which is probably an ovarian cyst, so I'm supposed to get that checked out with ANOTHER doctor to see what it is. I'm still super uncomfortable and hurting and not sleeping well, so he's trying to move up my urology appointment. We need to figure out what's going on there, especially since all my cultures are negative.

My stomach is also feeling kind of "off" for some reason, just hurting and stuff, but hopefully this is just from coming off antibiotics. I am eating yogurt daily, and I switched types, so maybe the bacteria in them were too strong for me? Scares me since I'd been pain-free there since surgery.

I'm feeling pretty discouraged about all this. I'm kind of starting over with new problems and the search for what's wrong with me. I am just so over being tested and poked and prodded. And I'm tired of feeling lousy. And I'm not sleeping well. I know I'm so much more functional than I was before surgery, which is great, but now I have all these new issues. And they are making me grouchy today. And my face is puffy because I've been on steroids so long. ;(

Dr. A is sort of vacillating between wanting to do surgery right away to see if that helps anything and waiting until everything is resolved to cut me open again. At this point, I don't really care. I just wanna feel better. I am thankful for how far I've come. I just need to persevere so we can get to the bottom (haha) of all these little annoying issues. I'm on break now, so hopefully being completely unstressed will help me to feel better - not that my semester was super stressful (I was only in three classes...) - but relaxing with my family sounds like it can't hurt! I'm so thankful for my family and friends... you all are truly wonderful and I couldn't make it without y'all!

Hannah ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hannah! I am so sorry you are going through all this. I figured something was up since I hadn't heard back from you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope things will get resolved soon so you can get back to "normal". Stay strong and try to have a Merry Christmas.

    Cheers,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete