Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Scopes Tomorrow :(

Tomorrow I go in for two scopes.

Scope 1 is a scope of my bladder (who knew they could do that?!?). The nurse who did my other kidney test a few weeks ago thought that my symptoms pointed to an inflammatory problem - basically like UC in the bladder, from how she explained it. Whatever it ends up being, hopefully they can find something to make it feel better. 'Cause it hurts.

Scope 2 is for Twitchy the J pouch.

Here are my thoughts on the possibilities:

1. Scope shows nothing. Then I'm stuck with a J pouch that sends me running to the bathroom and bleeds and cramps all the time?

2. Scope shows that I really have Crohn's disease, which is like UC, but can happen anywhere in your body. I would need to find some new hard core meds to keep it in check.

3. Scope shows I have pouchitis (I still giggle every time I say that. Sounds so unscientific). In that case, they treat it with antibiotics (which I've tried. Helped some, but not tons).
Then I think they may start adding back in the hard core UC meds.
If they don't help, the J pouch would be removed, and I'd keep Squirt permanently. Which isn't the end of the world. But does kinda stink. And according to Dr. A, I'd need vitamin shots for life, since my guts won't have enough length to absorb all the nutrients.

I don't like any of those possibilities. ;(

Thankfully, I do not have to face any of these things today. God is in control of this and every situation, and He'll keep working for His glory. "My grace is enough for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Therefore, I am well content with weakness for Christ's sake, for when I am weak, then I am strong. May He be honored, regardless the outcome.

Hannah ;)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your scopes today! I hope you learn something one way or another, it's always better knowing. I'll be praying for good news (as good as it can be right now!).

    ReplyDelete