Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

CT Results

I got my CT scan this morning. The TCU Dr. read me the report. Everything turned out okay. No problems in my stomach or intestines, praise God! Yay! There is a mass again like I had in December - looks like a 4 cm x 4 cm mass on my ovary. The women's Dr told me it could wax and wane, so I'm not concerned about it. They can cause pain, but my pain isn't anywhere near there, so I don't think that's the problem.

So... I'm really, really glad that nothing is wrong! But the question still remains: why does my stomach hurt? It got better last night for a while, and I slept some last night (YAY!), which was fantastic. Unfortunately, my stomach hurts again today, but it could just be upset from all the junk I had to drink for the scan.

It definitely feels like the pain is in my guts. I really think that I'm having some kind of obstruction off and on, so I'm just gonna back off things that are hard to digest and stick with simple soft stuff for a while. Hopefully that will help. By the time the TCU Dr got the results and faxed them to Dallas, Dr. A was already gone for the week. I guess I'll hear his perspective on Monday. I will also try calling my Ostomy nurse to see if she has any ideas. TCU Dr did say I could try taking Benadryl at night to try and get some sleep, since I've been having so much trouble sleeping because of pain. My ability to function and my pain tolerance really go down when I don't sleep, and I start getting migraines. My body just gets really worn out. It's a vicious cycle. So hopefully a good night of sleep will be the best medicine for me.

Thanks so much to everyone who has called, emailed, messaged, and hung out to encourage me this week... each of you means so much to me. I know God sent each of you into my life with a purpose, and I feel incredibly blessed to have such a great support system. May He return blessings on you for your kindness and thoughtfulness! I truly appreciate prayers for a night of good sleep, for my stomach to feel better, and for the pouchitis (which has been worse today) to improve! Also that I'd just keep my eyes fixed on Him!

Hannah ;)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the CT results came back positive. I hope they can find out why you're having pain soon. Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete