Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

CT Tomorrow

Well, the doctor finally called back yesterday. He didn't really have any suggestions for things to do to help, but said we need to do a CT scan ASAP. They couldn't get me in til Monday, which is still pretty soon, but seems like forever if you feel gross.

I didn't sleep at all last night. Just felt pretty bad. :( Boo. But my roomie and I cuddled... made me feel better, lol.

Today I went to see the TCU Dr. just to make sure I was okay. Because I wasn't sure. He got all mad that they couldn't scan me til Monday. "I mean, do they wanna be a part of the problem or a part of the solution? This is so ridiculous. There's always a way. Incompetent bureaucracy..." He got me a scan first thing tomorrow morning and called Dr. A's office to let them know. :) My hero.

He thinks my J pouch's days are numbered. His thought on the stomach pain is that it's probably from a stricture (narrowing of the intestines) or an adhesion (scar tissue growing and tying up the intestines), which could be a result of surgery... or could indicate that I actually have Crohn's disease.

I really appreciate your prayers! I'm a little sad to be feeling this sick again. But I know that God is in control of this and will work it for His glory. Julia's mom (remember, Julia had a colectomy recently), Sasha texted me the other night and encouraged me to pray Psalm 91. What a wonderful Psalm, and exactly what I needed to hear...
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust...."
"Because he loves Me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges My name.
He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him,
With long life will I satisfy him,
And show him My salvation."

I love how God doesn't promise that there won't be trouble, but He promises that He will be with me in trouble, and rescue me and show me His salvation. God can't show His salvation unless there's something to be saved from! My responsibility is to love Him, and trust only in Him.

Hannah ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment