Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bummer.

So... I'm getting admitted to the hospital today.

Hopefully just for today and tomorrow.

I started having my weird little shaky/tired/heart racing/really out of it episodes again on Sunday night. Tuesday night, I kinda was not very responsive, so my roomies called my patents, who called GI doctor, who suggested hospital. Thankfully, I started feeling better shortly thereafter, so the hospital was avoided that night.

GI doctor called me yesterday morning to make sure I was okay, and decided to admit me today - I'm going to be at the hospital anyways for my scopes, so after that, I will just stay while they run more tests and stuff and monitor me.

Please pray that the scopes and tests will lead to some answers about these weird episodes, as well as provide some ideas about treating my pouchitis, fevers, and joint pain. To be honest, things are not looking good at all in the pouchitis department. So some big decisions are going to be made pretty soon, all with some pretty serious life-long implications. So I'd also appreciate prayers for wisdom for the docs and for me and my parents as we consider what to do next.

It's really comforting to know that none of this is a surprise to God. I know that He is in control of this situation! Of course I am not a fan of being in the hospital, but I know that God will use this to His glory.

In good news, Julia came through surgery well! Praise God! Please continue to pray for a smooth, pain-free recovery! Also for her stomach to "wake up" quickly and for her body to adjust to using the J pouch.

Hannah ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh Hannah, I'm so sorry to hear you're back in the hospital! I will be praying for you and hopefully you can get the answers you need and God will lead you to make the right decisions regarding your health. I wish I could be there with you but just know I'll be thinking about you. Keep your head up and hopefully you'll get out of that stinky hospital room soon with some positive news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Hannah, I'm so sorry to hear you're back in the hospital! I will be praying for you and hopefully you can get the answers you need and God will lead you to make the right decisions regarding your health. I wish I could be there with you but just know I'll be thinking about you. Keep your head up and hopefully you'll get out of that stinky hospital room soon with some positive news.

    ReplyDelete