Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Best Birthday Present

Sorry for the lack of updates. My mom always used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything." Hence... no updates. The last several days have been incredibly painful and, for the most part, sleepless. I was, at times, pretty irrational and incoherent because I'm hurting so much and can't sleep. There was talk of discharging me yesterday, but I actually ASKED to stay longer, because my pain was so out of control. I'm usually begging them to get me outta there, so you can imagine how bad I was feeling to ask to stay another night.

But, praise God, the extra night allowed us to hit on a combo of meds that allowed me to sleep last night and is keeping the pain at a more reasonable level, so I'm HOME!! Today was my birthday, and it was the best present ever to be feeling well enough to get to go home.

Please pray for wisdom as we continue to ponder choices. Also for all the logistics and provision for my upcoming surgery to fall into place... there're a lot of details involving red tape and insurance and politics, which is frustrating. But I know that God is in control of all of this - it's just hard to know if/when to express my concerns and push to try and get things moving, and when to just sit back and wait. I'm so thankful for all the nurses I had... each one was truly excellent and went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure I was taken care of. Also, I'm thankful for my wise tech Philip, who gave me sage advice on how to talk to surgeons.

Hannah ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment