Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Prayers for Tomorrow!

Tomorrow I have my appointment with Dr. A... the final frontier... ;) My parents and I have a million bazillion questions for him. Hopefully he can hold his own against our onslaught. ;) Please pray for wisdom and clear guidance from God...

Today I talked with the Endocrine Dr. She worked out my steroid plan for during and after surgery. Most peoples' bodies make extra steroids when they get sick or have surgery or are stressed. My body still doesn't make its own steroids, so I only get as much steroids as I take in pill form. To allow my body to NOT go into shock from the stress of surgery, I will need extra IV steroids just before and for a few days after surgery on top of my normal dose, so she is working out the details for that. In the meantime, we've decided to try dropping again a little on my daily dose. Please pray that my body is able to tolerate the drop! Typically dropping makes me feel terrible for a week or so, but I feel ready for this and I'm hoping this time will be different! There have been some changes in my labs that indicate my body is ready for less steroids, which is absolutely AMAZING and exciting! I drop down tomorrow. While I still have many many moons of tapering, this will be the lowest dosage I've been at since early February. Celebrate the small victories, right? ;)

I've also been having a really tough time with being nauseated and sick. I think it's from one of the antibiotics I'm taking for Twitchy. Twitchy is starting to get worse again anyways, so after tossing my cookies yesterday, I made the executive decision that it was doing more harm than good and called it quits on the Flagyl. I messaged GI Dr about it, so hopefully he's okay with that. Unfortunately, it's not out of my system yet, so I still feel very crummy.

Thankfully - and this is HUGE - I have been sleeping since I got home from the hospital! It's about ALL I've been doing, which is a little frustrating, but it's much better than NOT sleeping. I guess I'm just making up for all the sleep I missed. The patch plus pills cocktail is doing a pretty good job of keeping my pain under control, which is an amazing, indescribable relief. If I could get still a little less pain, a little more energy, and a little less nausea, I might start feeling like myself again! Watch out, world!

Thanks for your prayers and support! Hopefully tomorrow we'll have a more firm plan and date and be able to move ahead with surgery.

Hannah ;)

1 comment:

  1. Dr. A can now be referred to as Dr. Alaska. ;) YAY for small victories!! You should totally celebrate! (*doing a celebration dance* hehe) PRAYING for the Q&A session, lowering of steroids, eradication of nausea, and prep for surgery. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

    ReplyDelete