Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Full Liquids!!

Today, I began to feel my stomach waking up! Woo hoo! I enjoyed a lovely day with lots of wonderful visitors... and ate some soup, popsicles, and rice cereal! After what, 15 days? Food has never tasted so good! ;) Yay! Hopefully I can get off the TPN (IV nutrition) very soon - it is messing with my blood sugars a lot - making me feel weird when it gets very low, and sometimes getting so high I need insulin. This is all temporary and due to the TPN, so pray that my body is able to handle food well so we can stop the TPN!

My white count is beginning to come down a little bit, which is good! Please pray that this trend will continue! Pray that my body will fight off whatever infection may be present.

I'm starting to have my joint and muscle pain again... this scares me (and hurts a lot). I'm really hoping that this is a fluke and that this surgery will get rid of this pain. I've been laying in weird positions to try and get comfortable, so hopefully this pain will go away!

I continue to be so encouraged by the Romans 5 passage... I rejoice now in my sufferings, with a hope that does not disappoint. My hope isn't in a surgery or a treatment or a doctor... but in the fact that I have peace with God through Jesus Christ... that He has poured out His love on me while I was still His enemy. Whatever happens in this life, I have such great hope in the glory of God. Please pray that I won't be overwhelmed with "what ifs" or with my circumstances and future, but keep my eyes fixed on Christ!

Hannah ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hannah, I was reading through Isaiah 49 this morning, and thinking about you and praying for you through these verses. 49:1 Before I was born, the Lord called me; from my birth He has made mention of my name. 49:4 Yet what is due me is in the Lord's hand, and my reward is with my God. 49:5 I am honored in the eyes of the Lord and my God has been my strength. 49:7 The Lord, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, has chosen you. 49:8 I will answer you...I will help you. 49:13 The Lord comforts His people and will have compassion on His afflicted ones. 49:15-16 I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. 49:23 Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in Me will not be disappointed. 49:25 Then all mankind will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob. Praying you are encouraged by the words of our loving, faithful God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for inspiring us with your enduring faith in Christ, our Redeemer. You make our trials very minor compared to yours. Hence we can bear our burden easier with a grateful heart.
    His Perfect Peace,Grace,Strength and Love to you & family.

    Soon & Melinda Toh
    CBC.

    ReplyDelete