Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The H-Word

Today marked a major milestone in hospital stay-dom...

The doctor used the word "home."

Doctors start planning discharge days in advance, and tell you what needs to happen and what you need to do to get there. I was getting a bit alarmed, because the h-word hadn't even come up once so far this hospital stay. But today, it did. Yay!!

Basically, the plan is to run the TPN (IV nutrition - it stands for Total Parenteral Nutrition) at night only instead of 24 hours a day. Hopefully, the lack of nutrition during the day will stimulate my appetite, and I'll be able to start eating more. They won't take me off the TPN yet. I'm still not able to eat enough by mouth, and they don't want to compromise my healing or increase my already high risk of infection by not having enough nutrition.

Unfortunately, I've been having a lot more pain in my stomach the past few days. They really have no idea why. I am hopeful this is just temporary... hopefully my stomach is just still trying to settle down after surgery. I did a little better today with eating, so that's good. I'm trying so hard!

My joints and muscles have been bothering me more. Last night I had one of my weird episodes where I get all shaky and my heart races and everything hurts a ton. It was kind of scary and took a while to go away and no one understands what's going on when I have these episodes. But thankfully, today was better.

I can't believe how long I've been here in the hospital! All I can say is that God is giving me a contentment beyond what Hannah humanly has!! Also, I must admit it's pretty hard to be down when God is so clearly good and so many people are supporting and encouraging me! ;) So thanks!

Hannah ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment