Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

NO Hospital ;)

Thanks for all your prayers! Thankfully, thus far I've avoided the hospital and I've been able to eat and drink some!

Friday was more of the same - very nauseated, very exhausted. I talked with Endocrine Dr on the phone to make sure we weren't missing some kind of steroid problem or something. Before she called me back, she read my chart and all my recent labs and knew what was going on with me. That is very unusual and I like it! Unfortunately, she didn't have any other ideas for what's going on, but was fairly sure that I'd end up back in the hospital over the weekend. Thanks for your vote of confidence, Endo Doc. My body just doesn't have any reserves, especially fluid-wise, so I get really dehydrated and sick really fast. So unless I started eating or drinking again, I was supposed to go to the hospital.

Happily, I was able to eat on Friday night! And on Saturday night! ;) I've eaten some today, too, but it seems like a no-win situation: either I'm so nauseated I can't eat, or when I do eat or drink, my stomach hurts more. Of course, life and no hospital wins out every time over starving to death and emergency room visits, so if I can eat, I will. ;) But it's not so fun when you are forcing yourself to eat and you know it's going to hurt later!

This week, I decided to go off my sleepy medicine and then my pain patch. I know, fantastic timing, Hannah, right? I figure with the nausea, the fewer meds I'm on, the better. I had this suspicion that the patch was making my nausea worse. Now that I'm off of it, I don't know that it was actually making the nausea worse, but it sure was helping with the pain, haha!

Anyways, we can definitely feel your prayers, as it seemed a hospital admission would be unavoidable, but I've perked up a little bit. If this nausea continues, though, it's still definitely a strong possibility. I continue to hope that this is all just a bump in the road to recovery and that I will soon be fat from all the food I can eat once again, and will be able to return to working out on my soon to be healthy joints with all the energy I soon hope to have. ;)

Hannah ;)

1 comment:

  1. The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their cry.

    The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles.

    The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

    A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.

    From Psalm 34...praying that the Lord will hear our cries for your healing and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete