Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Three Weeks

Sorry for no update yesterday. I did not have a good day yesterday - felt really tired and yucky and my stomach was very unhappy. I've been doing better today, though, and tonight I was able to eat a bit more, yay!

I still haven't been able to eat enough to be able to cut back on the TPN. Since it seems as though I've been going downhill a bit since Thursday, they ran a lot of labs and ran another CT scan this morning. My CT scan appears improved - no huge abscesses or fluid collections, which is good! Some of my labs are a little screwy from the TPN - they think I may have a touch of pancreatitis, which would explain my abdominal pain. But, I've had pancreatitis, and I'm pretty darn sure this ain't it. I was WAY sick then, and I'm not that sick now.

It's been three weeks since surgery - we're three weeks into the Romans 5:1-11 challenge. Keep up the memorizing! If you've fallen behind, no worries - I'm behind in my recovery, so you have plenty of time to catch up or keep going at your own pace! The important thing is to let the verses fill your mind, heart and soul! This week, I've been encouraged by the hope I have that does NOT disappoint. God poured out His love on us and died for us to give us peace with Him. And that's a hope that will never fade or disappoint!

Hannah ;)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you have had a long and difficult journey.

    New to your blog

    Hope you have many good days ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I should mention that I had a total colectomy last Christmas, and I have written about the experience at

    http://theknifeyousee.blogspot.com/

    Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatsoever is good for God's children, they shall have it, for all is theirs to further them to heaven. Therefore, if poverty be good, they shall have it; if disgrace be good, they shall have it; if crosses be good, they shall have them; if misery be good, they shall have it, for all is ours to serve our greatest good. Richard Sibbes (Puritan preacher 1577-1635)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Arkayeff: Thank you very much for your comment! I read your blog... enjoyed reading about your journey and I wish you the very best! keep blogging!
    @Toni: thank you so much - what a wise and true quote!

    ReplyDelete