Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

18 December 2010

Five and one-half years.

Eleven semesters.

Over 20 hospital trips.

14 weeks spent in the hospital.

Innumerable doctor visits.

Dozens of missed classes, tests, assignments.

Several "Incomplete" grades.

One change of major.

Three classes dropped due to illness and surgery.

3.884 GPA.

18 December 2010: One graduation ceremony.

I am so thankful for everyone who has helped me get here today! Primarily, I am thankful to Jesus Christ! Without Him, I can do nothing. And I truly mean that.

Then, to all my professors, coaches, advisors, and staff whose constant encouragement and flexibility made this possible! They were willing to let me think outside the box and be creative to fulfill course requirements in unusual ways and at different times than the rest of the class. They accommodated me in innumerable ways and cared about me as a person, not just a number or a student.

Next, I'm thankful for my family, friends, roommates, and teammates for their help and support. I never would have made it without you all.

With equal parts of joy, relief, and thankfulness,

Hannah ;)

1 comment: