Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Disconcerted

Hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! Yesterday I had an appointment with my GI doctor. It was rather disturbing and raised more questions than it answered... bottom line is, he does not think that the abscesses are the cause of my pain and high white count. He thinks I have some systemic autoimmune thing going on (hmm... I think I may have heard that before!). More concerning to him is that I continue to "poop" stuff from where my colon/j pouch/rectum used to be. He examined me, then dropped the bombshell.

Apparently, I still have a few inches of rectum left. This means that... my UC could come back at any time in that area of tissue. He was concerned that that was the cause of the bleeding, etc. I don't think it is, but the room was pretty much spinning when he told me that I could get UC again. We discussed this possibility in detail with Dr. A before surgery, and therefore decided to remove EVERYTHING down there to eliminate the chance of that happening. Evidently, however... Dr. A did NOT remove all that he said he would. I am beyond shocked at this... I really don't even know what to think or say. It is really just overwhelming to me to think that I could get more disease again in an area that was supposed to be removed.

Also, I have some other weird stuff happening in my pelvis. Tomorrow I'm having a couple ultrasounds to try to define my current anatomy and figure our what exactly is going on. I also will see the ID Doctor. Basically, a day of fun and games, haha!

GI doctor told me that he thinks all these issues may require surgery of some kind or another to mend. But I really don't want surgery and no one wants me to have surgery again! So we're going into all this testing knowing that I will probably end up choosing to just live with my issues rather than risk another surgery. I'm disconcerted and baffled by yesterday's news... it may sound trivial and silly, but hearing that there's a chance of my UC coming back AGAIN has really shaken me up. I am so thankful that God is in control of all of this, and that I can trust Him, and that He is doing everything right!

Spurgeon said, "The Lord's plants can and do flourish even when there is a drought. A godly man often grows best when worldly circumstances are daunting." I pray that through this, God will grow me closer to Himself and use me to impact others!

Hannah ;)

1 comment:

  1. WOW, that is totally insane! What incredible news. I was shocked when I read it. I can't imagine what it was like hearing in the doctor's office. I love you very much! You're so strong!

    ReplyDelete