Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Innnnnnteresting

Well, I've continued the antibiotics and I guess they are working... I think I'm feeling a little bit better than I was earlier this week. I'll get ultrasounded on Thursday, just to be sure things are heading in the right direction. I'm having less abdominal pain, but still having the bleeding issue.

Overall, it's been a good week - my pain is kind of back to "normal" - I still hurt, but it's not out of control most of the time. I did have one sleepless night from pain, but I was still able to make it to work the next day and be okay! I'm so thankful that God is allowing me to make it through the days without crashing. It's so amazing!! I can't get used to it!

On an innnnnteresting note... I spoke with GI Doctor last night. Yes, on a Friday night, after work. From his cell phone. This call may have helped restore my faith in doctors. I sent him a somewhat pointed email earlier this week and made it very clear that I needed an answer... lately I have not been getting responses to my emails. I was very thankful that he called! He said, repeatedly, with no prompting from me, that "it is not normal, Miss Hale, that you are bleeding from your... (not quite sure what to call it - rectum?). It is not normal. This should not be happening."

This may sound silly, but it is INCREDIBLY reassuring to be told that no, this is not normal. All the people form surgery have told me repeatedly that it's fine, normal, expected. So I feel like I'm a little crazy for thinking it's, um, abnormal to be bleeding from an orifice I am not supposed to have anymore.

I also let him know how concerned I am about the possibility that I have some J pouch or something left inside. He shares my concern and is having a hard time determining what exactly is left. He can see something on my scans and ultrasounds, but it's tough to know what it is. It could be nothing, it could be part of Twitchy, it could be one of the abscesses... So, he is going to meet with the head of the radiology department and go over my scans with him to try and figure this out. Then, we will meet on Thursday to discuss what to do.

I am not quite sure how I feel about all this... but I am very thankful that finally someone shares my concern and is willing to take charge and get to the (haha) bottom of things. ;) Overall, I am just so thankful that I am doing better. This spring and summer, I was just in agony all the time, needing IV fluids every few days, in bed a majority of the day... I am so thankful for this newfound stability. It's amazing to not have to worry that I won't be able to get out of bed tomorrow. I know that all of this rests in God's hands. I'm not trying to complain about how bad things were. Nor am I trying to minimize the current issues, some quite serious, that I will have to deal with for years to come. I am just thankful each day for whatever God allows me to do and however good He allows me to feel. And I hope I use my time to honor Him.

Hannah ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment