Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Update

Sorry for no posts for a while. Sometimes, I just need to step back and be a normal person for a little while... so I did. ;) I went to Florida to visit my very very dear friends, Stephen and Kendra. It was absolutely wonderful and fantastic and magnificent. We watched fireworks on the beach on New Year's Eve. Standing there with two people who have been with me every step of the way on my "journey" watching fireworks explode over the ocean made up for every fireworks show I've missed over the past few years... It was a lovely weekend to hang out with them and I already miss them tons!

Healthwise, things are okay. We are all still reeling from the whole "Hannah still has some of her colon/J pouch left" news and trying to figure out what this means. I am also trying to figure out what's actually going on with my tummy. The day after ID Dr. put me back on antibiotics for the fluid collections, I get a call from GI Dr's PA telling me that my ultrasound was totally normal. So no worries about anything, oh except for this big mass that they think might be cancer. I was mildly baffled (but no worries about the mass thingy. It's just a cyst. It's been on about every other scan I've ever had and it's been worked up and it's nothing to be worried about.). I just don't understand how ID Dr thinks the ultrasound is abnormal and GI Dr thinks it's fine. I have put in calls and emails (beginning on Monday) to both of them requesting that they communicate with each other about their respective findings so that I'm getting a unified answer. I have yet to hear back from them. Needless to say, I am beyond frustrated and exasperated with the poor communication and conflicting information I'm getting.

I'm feeling okay. My joints flared up this week with the weather changes, but I think my pain is better overall (plus, I saw Dr. Pain and got a shot of Toradol, hurrah). I think I need more steroids in my life, since I've been shaky and tired all week. But, I think the antibiotics are helping me to feel better overall.

I'm also having a bit of trouble with work... I am in love with my job, but I'm driving far and not getting benefits. I know that I go to the doctor a ridiculous number of times and that I am very blessed that I only work an average of 4 days a week. Their patience, however, is understandably wearing thin as I continually have to go to the doctor. I don't miss work for this; I do it on my days off. But sometimes they call me into work on my days off... and I'm always at the doctor and can't come in, so they give me a hard time about that. There is no official policy about needing to be available on days off, so I don't really know who's right or wrong in this situation. Anyways, I'm praying that I'll have a good testimony and that God will make it clear what I should do. Ideally, a perfect new job with health benefits will just drop into my lap... ;) Haha...

Hannah ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment