Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

MRI and Crash and Burn

I had my MRI on Friday... it was fine. I was sitting and waiting for my MRI (they made me put on a hospital gown! Soooo not cool!!), and a guy walked by and stopped in his tracks. "Are you okay?" He asked me. I realized I was sitting there all tensed up with white knuckles! I just really dislike MRIs - being stuck in a tube for an hour is not fun. And since my allergic reaction during my last CT scan, I guess I was a little nervous!

The actual MRI was fine. There was a window at the back of the room, so sunlight was streaming in the tube, so I didn't feel claustrophobic. I actually fell asleep for a little while.

I also stuck it to the man on Friday. You see, the imaging center has no parking. You have no choice but to valet park, which is pricey. I pulled up and asked if there was anywhere that I could park. There wasn't. You have to valet park. I was mildly irritated; I didn't really want to spend a bunch of money on valet parking! When I signed in at the front desk, I congratulated the lady. "You've got quite a racket goin' - forcing people to valet park! Any chance I could get a coupon or something so I don't have to pay the hefty fee?" The lady looked surprised and said that people never complain about that (what is wrong with these people!?!). She leaned in conspiratorially and said, "You know, we never do this, but I might be able to dig up a voucher for free parking for you." I smiled and told her that that would be great!! And she delivered! And I got out for free!!

The only bummer was the driving - from Fort Worth to Dallas to Grapevine (in traffic, through the construction). Actually, though, the construction isn't so bad. When the sun is setting, it reflects off all the pillars that will one day be bridges... I feel like I'm in the Parthenon or something. ;)

Friday afternoon, I started feeling really tired and shaky and yucky, so I just went to bed as soon as I got home from my MRI. Saturday was really awful. I took extra roids, but I was still shaky and dizzy and nauseated and light headed. Saturday night was like a flashback from this spring when I was having those weird episodes where I got super out of it. I couldn't put together a coherent sentence and I was shaking all over. Not. Good. Sunday I just laid low. I felt okay for a little while, but mainly was in a ton of pain. In the evening, I got all nauseated and sick to my stomach, despite all my anti nausea meds.

Today was more of the same, plus I started dumping. This never ends well for me. My joints are also super unhappy. I survived work (just worked the morning shift), then called Endocrine Dr. And... got told to go to the ER. I really didn't want to go (tomorrow would have been THREE months hospital free!). But I was responsible and went. I got some fluids, and I feel somewhat better now. Sure wish this would NOT happen, though! ;) It is always funny to go to the ER... the doctor always hears my life story, then asks, "What do you want? What works for you?" So I basically tell them what I need! It's weird.

Finally... a big shout out to the Seneca Ladies Bible class! They sent me a big package of Valentines!! I came home from the hospital all grouchy and feeling awful, and I got to open all the pretty cards. It made me very happy and I felt very loved and blessed! What a sweet ministry. I am so thankful!

Hannah ;)

1 comment:

  1. So no results on the MRI yet? Our Sunday School class is praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete