Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Home!

Sorry for no update... I am HOME!

Wednesday morning, I felt rather better, so I got to go home for real! Dr. Saturday still doesn't think that whatever happened on Tuesday was steroid related, and wants me to continue on the lower dosage. My labs all looked fine, and I was doing better overall. I'm supposed to call him if I have more episodes of feeling super dizzy and stuff.

He told me that I still have a whole lot of inflammation in my abdomen, so although I haven't had much surgical pain (thank the Lord!!), the pain in my pelvis and lower abdomen is expected to continue for quite some time. Eventually, once my body completely beats the abscesses and the inflammation dies down, I'll have less pain. That was actually encouraging to me, since my tummy pain came back a few days after surgery. I was worried that this meant surgery didn't really work or that something else was going on, so it's good to know that this is expected, and should get better in the long run.

They left in the drain, which is a huge tube thing draining my pelvic cavity where the abscesses were... stitched into my backside. It's about as comfortable as it sounds. ;) When do I get it out? Dr. Saturday said we could discuss that at my follow up in a week. Again with the infamous vague answers... but really, I want to get all better. The last time I had a drain, I had it for 6 weeks, and it was pulled out too soon. Don't really want that to happen this time, so I will try to be patient. I would say I will "sit tight," but that's not really comfortable right now. ;)

I am free to go back to work and everything as soon as I feel up to it, but he told me to give myself a few days at home to see how I feel before deciding on that stuff. So far, I've been totally exhausted at home, whether from hospital sleep deprivation catching up with me, steroid tapering, or post surgical stuff. I don't really feel like I'm bouncing back yet, but it's only a week after surgery! I've been in the hospital so long after my other two surgeries that I've never actually recovered at home, so this is a new one for me. ;) So no plans to do much of anything for a while! I don't have to go back to work until May, so there is no rush. I'm just listening to my body and taking it very easy (yes, this really is Hannah writing).

I'm doing well at home... just trying to eat a lot and catch up on sleep! If I walk around too much, my inflamed tummy really hurts, so I'm just laying around a lot! Nausea has been better, thankfully, if I just take my Zofran. Tummy still just hasn't found its groove since surgery - either works backwards or forwards too fast! Hopefully it will straighten itself out and settle down. I'm still having really bad muscle pain, which is my biggest issue. I'm so happy that I'm able to be on the lower steroid dosage, but I'm sure that is contributing to my fatigue. But this is the first time since AUGUST that I've been able to go down, so it's awesome and exciting!

Thank you all so much for all your prayers and support and love and encouragement! It means so much to me and my family. I am so thankful and blessed!

Hannah ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment