Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday

Today, Dr. Saturday came in and told me the plan (for now)...

On Tuesday, they will just do an exploratory surgery - not to fix anything, just to look and assess what is going on as best they can. This will be sort of similar to the procedure/scope thing I had a few weeks ago, but in the operating room with operative instruments. After that, we can make a decision about what next - more TPN and antibiotics, more surgery, all of the above, or none of the above! He is pleased with my progress and encouraged that my white count has gone down a bit, but he definitely thinks that I need to stay here for a while. I'm still having a rough time with belly pain and no appetite.

I told him I was a little concerned about not doing the surgery. I have typically felt better when I'm on the antibiotics. Then, when I go off them, I feel bad again. I would hate to go through all of this just to relapse a few weeks after I stop antibiotics. Then I'd be back in the same position I'm in now. He told me not to worry; he wouldn't let that happen. He has been more or less appalled that I'm in the state I'm in now; apparently I'm pretty far gone, haha! ;) Every doctor who comes in asks, "Are YOU the patient?" because when they read my chart, they are expecting someone who acts waaaaay sicker.

This afternoon, I felt the worst I've felt since coming to the hospital, but I still look and feel better than I have for several weeks. Hopefully feeling bad is just a fluke! Please pray for my body to adjust to the TPN... my blood sugars are still rather erratic (high, requiring insulin sometimes, sometimes being a little low), which I think may contribute to how I'm feeling.

Thanks again for all your encouragement, support, visits, calls, etc. They really help so tremendously! God has given me numerous opportunities to share the hope that is found in knowing Christ with others here at the hospital!

Hannah ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment