Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

She's Baaaaack!

This week has been good so far! I've been fighting back this darn flu bug, which has left me voiceless and coughing and with a sore throat, but I feel good otherwise! My pain was bad yesterday, but overall it has been manageable and tremendously better than it was, which is AMAZING, if I hadn't mentioned that.

The only thing that's worrying me a bit is my tummy... it is hurting again where the abscesses were. Dr. Saturday told me I could expect to have pain there for quite a while. But the pain had totally gone away, and now it's back. Hm.... hopefully that doesn't mean anything bad. I'm also having intermittent pain and nausea like I did in the summer - from obstructions, I think. Squirt (my ileostomy, which pretty much continuously squirts) stops squirting, my belly hurts and I get nauseated... then things finally start moving again and I feel better. It's a pain. I can't figure out why it's happening, but I'd like it to stop! ;)

I feel so blessed to be able to be back at work (working a reduced schedule). I feel like a celebrity, actually! Everyone has gone over the top in welcoming me back and making sure I'm okay and everything! One of the guys I work for came up and hugged me while I was having a snack. "It's so good to see you EATING again," he said. They are so sweet. It has been great to be back, but it is exhausting. I am so tired by the end of the day! I hope that my stamina will come back once I get completely over the flu. But it feels so good to be on the job. I really missed working!

I returned to the Pain Dr. today. The nurses were both happy that I was looking a lot less miserable than I did last week. I pretty much wanted to curl up and die that day. I actually didn't see Jack Black; I saw one of his associates instead, who is very nice and gave me tips for med school. My pain is so much better! I told him. What did you do differently? He asked. Nothing! I said. What changed? He asked. I don't know, I replied. It's a mystery... I guess Dr. Pain was probably right with his theory about my body getting rid of the toxins and stuff. Anyways, I am just glad that it's better! So thankful! I'm starting to feel like myself again.

Today marks one month since my surgery! It's been a month of recovery, definitely. I am very thankful for how well things have gone. No ICU, no home TPN or antibiotics, the surgery did what it was supposed to do, I am actually feeling BETTER than I did before surgery, and I am blessed with doctors who are very responsive when I have concerns or problems!

Hannah ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hannah you are so encouraging. I am so glad that I came across your blog. You are truly an inspiration. I will pray for recovery and pain relief for you. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! I hope that this brings you closer to God!
    Hannah ;)

    ReplyDelete