Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Father Knows Best

Well, God has done it once again... turned my bad news from Friday into good news. I had my hopes up that I'd be home this weekend, and then it turned out that I have to stay in the hospital until Tuesday. I was so disappointed.

Yesterday evening, I started to have sharp pain in my lower abdomen. It would last just for a few seconds, then go away, so I just ignored it at first. I also started feeling really nauseous. I've been nauseated for a couple evenings in a row, so I didn't think much of that, either. Unfortunately, the pain and nausea escalated quite a bit - similar to the severe pain I had after my first two surgeries. I spent most of the night curled up in a ball, moaning. Thankfully, I had great nurses who took good care of me. I was just miserable despite everything, so it was very good that I'm still in the hospital!

Today I've just been laying low. I still feel pretty bad. They did a couple X rays to make sure I'm not obstructed (I told them I wasn't, but they still wanted to check it out), which were normal. We played around with dosages and timing of nausea medication, and I think we've hit on a good plan to keep things under better control. I still have my button for pain, which is helping to keep the pain under control for the most part.

Please pray that my body will straighten itself out! I am not sure what's going on, but it is very similar to the "mystery pain" I had after my first two surgeries (although, thankfully, this pain, while very bad, is less intense). Please pray that my doctors would have wisdom for the best way to help me ride out the pain. Please pray that I would not be frustrated or discouraged despite this setback.

Mainly, I am so thankful to God that I was here in the hospital when the pain hit. Despite already being hooked up to a pain med pump, it still took hours to get the pain under control. It would have been much worse if I'd been at home. Makes me wonder why I EVER doubt God's plan and purposes. He knows what He's doing, and I just need to learn to be content! Thankfully, "When we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (I John 1:9). It was neat to see such a clear reason for why God kept me here. My Heavenly Father knows the things that I need, and I can always trust Him.

Hannah ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment