Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Home! NOT.

Recovery has continued to go smoothly, praise God!! Yesterday morning, Dr. Saturday came in and said, "You're doing well... what would you think about going home tomorrow?" I about jumped out of my bed with excitement. Alas, it was not to be. My woundVAC needs attention that cannot be had over the holiday weekend unless I'm in the hospital. So I will be here until Tuesday.

I was disappointed, but the weekend surgeon remarked that it's probably safer for me to hang out in the hospital for a few more days. I'm sure he's right, given my history.

My muscle pain has started to come back again, which is disappointing, but I still have really good meds here at the hospital, haha. ;)

Dr. Saturday asked if I wanted to switch from IV pain meds to pills yesterday. I said sure, then said, "Wait, are they messing with my woundVAC today?" He said, "Oh, yeah, they are... how 'bout you keep the PCA for today?" ;) So I had my little button for pain meds during the dressing change stuff. I sure hope the woundVAC stuff gets less painful as time goes on. I am not looking forward to repeating this three times a week for 6-8 weeks!

Other than that, there's really not much to report! Weekends (especially holiday weekends) are very quiet at the hospital, and not much happens! Boring is good, though...

Kendra is done with her first two days of chemo! Woo hoo! She did great, and is enjoying family time this weekend! Please continue to pray for Kendra and Stephen and their families!

I've been blessed with visitors and calls and messages and flowers from several friends! Thank you so much for all your love and support!

Hannah ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment