Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Another Surgery Down

So I don't even know if today really "counts" or not as a surgery... but it's over and I'm home. ;)

Dr. Saturday took me back for less than an hour of examination under anesthesia. He wasn't able to find the source of the drainage or discern what the issue is. He's sending stuff to culture and will let me know the results! My white count is still elevated today, although my fevers have been gone for the past couple days.

I had a lot of trouble coming out from the anesthesia - dry heaved for three hours. I woke up in a ton of pain - not pain from the procedure at all, but my muscle and joint pain. It was soo bad. Thankfully, I was incredibly blessed with an amazing anesthesiologist and PACU nurse who worked with me to get things under control. The anesthesiologist said he understood chronic pain and kept apologizing that I woke up in that much pain and reassured me that he wouldn't let me go home until the pain and dry heaves were under control - even though the pain had nothing to do with the actual surgery. Yeah, my body is officially nuts. ;) Anyways, I was in recovery for HOURS before my body calmed down- eventually they had to transfer me to a room.

So even a very simple procedure turned out to be rather exciting! I am back at home now, feeling sort of hung over and queasy and hurting. I am thankful that the procedure didn't reveal any huge issues! I am not sure where we go from here - I guess just wait to see what the cultures say. Honestly, none of my doctors know what is going on and why I am so sick and in so much pain.

One of my favorite Psalms is Psalm 91, which I read a couple times yesterday and today. It begins, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust!""

God is called 4 names here: the Most High (Hebrew word El Elyon, emphasizing God's strength and sovereignty), the Almighty (El Shaddai, derived from a Hebrew word for mountain), the LORD (Yahweh, I AM, God's special name), and God (Hebrew word Elohim). He is referred to as a shelter, a refuge, a fortress, and trustworthy!

Later in the Psalm, God says, "I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name." (v. 14b). Knowing God's name means knowing His character - knowing who He is. Each one of the different names used for God in the first verses tells us something different about who God is. I know God's name - that He is all-powerful, omnipotent, God over all earth, heaven, and other gods... and that is a refuge and shelter even in times of difficulty and trouble.

Hannah ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment