Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

More Antibiotics

Today I followed up with the Urogynecologist. She was very nice. She also explained the nurse issue - the nurse thinking I was doing better on the first antibiotic - apparently, one of their nurses just quit, and so one nurse is taking over the roles of two nurses. There was another patient with a similar name who DID improve on antibiotics... and somehow she got us mixed up!

Misinformation did good work today... I needed my labs from Friday faxed over to this doctor before my appointment. She delivered AND I called and she gave me a verbal report on the lab values. My white count is still elevated, up a little bit from where it was on the day of my procedure.

The doctor definitely feels that I have an abscess in my pelvis that is forming a fistula with my reproductive system. She decided to add in another antibiotic on top of the one I started on Friday. It is at the highest dose possible for oral antibiotics. She told me that if I do not improve on this combination of antibiotics that I would have to go to the hospital for IV antibiotics. Hopefully the drainage and the white count and the fevers and the pain will all go away!! I am feeling better today - less pain and more energy - a welcome feeling!!

I am not sure that I can describe how it feels to be fighting an abscess again after so many medications and doctor's appointments and tests and procedures and surgeries to clean out the infections. I just have to remember that this life is NOT about me or my comfort. It's about God's glory, and sometimes that involves me going through pain. But experiencing that pain is an honor: "For to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake" (Philippians 1:29). Plus, in this same passage, Paul tells us that suffering helps crystallize our vision so that we focus on what's really important: God and other people. "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose" (Philippians 1:21-22). Living means ministry - bringing others to Christ. Death is gain: we get to be with Christ. So either way, I am doubly blessed, not just to know Christ, but to suffer.

Many of you have asked how you can help me... how you can share in my suffering and support me...
Please visit my Take Steps site - I am participating in a fundraising event that will bring support and research to those suffering from Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis. Please stop by and donate as you are able!

Hannah ;)

1 comment:

  1. take heart! i thought about you recently when we observed positive results seemingly from these brainwave optimization treatments Isaac had. if you look into it and have any questions please feel free to ask....

    ReplyDelete