Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Take Steps!

Faithful blog readers, I admit to you that I have kept you in the dark concerning a major part of this hospital stay. My dear friend Nadia came and visited and brought me an amazing gift: a little misfit she crocheted, complete with a stoma of his own. I christened him Bahlor, and he has been nothing but trouble since then! I will upload the pictures of all the messes he's gotten himself into very soon!

From Friday through Sunday, I was extremely nauseated and had quite a bit of tummy pain. I spent Friday night dry heaving (which I would NOT recommend after open abdominal surgery). Despite not really eating or drinking, the nausea continued, and I was losing over a liter of fluids daily from my ostomy. Not. Good. Sadly, I was not able to go to Take Steps on Saturday... so Bahlor went in my stead.

Here's Bahlor with Nadia and Dennis, the captains of Team UCVlog:

Here's the whole team!


This one is so cool. I love the symbolism here... Bahlor being supported by this big team of people.



More pictures of Bahlor getting into trouble at Take Steps.

I can't thank you all enough for all of your support! So many people gave so generously! So many people came out to the Walk! I felt so honored and blessed and encouraged! Team UCVlog reached our goal and raised over $3,500!! This money will go towards research and support for people living with IBD, and to fund Camp Oasis, a camp for kids with IBD. You are making a difference in the lives of those who suffer from Crohn's and Colitis... and maybe one day soon, we will have a CURE!

Hannah ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment