Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Update

Last night and today have been kind of rough. I'm having more muscle pain and my tummy is hurting, too. I think I'm more uncomfortable this week than I was directly after surgery! No fun. I think I need to just push through the belly pain as everything is trying to remember how to work properly.

Dr. Saturday wants me to stay on IV anti-nausea medicine - one every 4 hours, the other ever 6 - to try to keep the nausea under control so I can eat. So far, I have eaten animal crackers, Jello, pretzels and mashed potatoes. Thankfully, my stomach started absorbing and digesting things yesterday evening! Yay! So thankful for that! I'm making baby steps of progress in the right direction. Because of the powerful antibiotics I was on, I have thrush (an infection in my mouth and throat), which makes food taste weird and makes eating rather painful.

Dr. Saturday was also concerned because my white count has been creeping back up. It's not alarmingly high, but it's not normal. I have been fever-free for the last several days, which is great. Just to be on the safe side, Dr. Saturday restarted me on another powerful IV antibiotic. He told me that they excised the infection in surgery... but they were not able to definitively identify the source of the infection. They have absolutely no clue where or what it is, since they couldn't tell with all the tests they ran prior to surgery or while I was in surgery. That kind of freaked me out a little bit... it's possible that the source of this infection is still lurking somewhere inside my body. ;( Hopefully this isn't the case!

I know that the Lord has brought me through much worse, and I'm so thankful for that! With that being said, I am ready to be at home. Please pray for my attitude - that it would be one of patience, joy, and endurance!

Hannah ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment